Water Heater Leak Repair Services
The Smart Choice for all residential and commercial tankless water heater services.
Water heater leak repair is important for your water heater.
Whether you are experiencing a leak or insufficient heating, a service professional from Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling can shut down, disassemble, repair, replace, and get your unit back up and running again in no time.
As soon as you discover that your water heater is leaking, turn off the power of the system until the experts arrive. Turn off the breaker if you have an electric water heater while simply turn the switch or dial to off if you have a gas water heater.
If the leak is significant and visible, you can turn off the water supply at the cold water shut-off valve. You can locate this above the water heater. Turning the water off should slow, and may even prevent the leak, depending on its source. Be very careful when dealing with water from your water heater as it can burn the skin. If you can’t identify the source of the leak, or you are not comfortable doing this by yourself, leave the water supply on until a professional arrives.
Finding the Leak
There are various places from which the leak could be coming.
Here are some of the places where a plumber will look:
- Temperature and Pressure Relief Valve (T&P) – A leak from the temperature and pressure relief valve (T&P) may be due to an extreme pressure inside the tank or overheating. This pressure on the T&P valve will cause it to open repeatedly, producing a leak. To check this, a plumber will decrease the temperature of the water by lowering the thermostat. Then, they will turn back on the water and power/gas to your heater and observe. If it continues to leak, they’ll shut everything off immediately.
- If they decide that this is not the problem, you may have a faulty valve. The plumber will place a bucket under the discharge tube and open the T&P valve. It will flush the valve and remove any debris that may be causing the issue. If it still leaks after flushing, they’ll need to replace the T&P valve.
- Inlet and Outlet Connections – An expert will examine the area where the hot water outlet and cold water inlet pipes connect to the unit, residing at the top of the water heater. A minor leak here may need the tightening of a loose connection — while more severe leaks will require a more comprehensive repair.
- Heater Drain Valve – Inspecting the drain valve, located near the bottom of the tank, determines if it closes (and is closed) entirely. A debris inside the valve or a faulty valve (similar to the T&P valve) may be causing the leak in this area. A water heater expert may place a bucket under the valve and turn the dial counterclockwise to open it. This should clean it out. If the valve continues to leak after flushing, it needs replacing.
- The Bottom of the Hot Water Tank – Some water heater leaks are from inside the tank itself and are usually caused by its age. If your water heater has an internal leak, water will often come out from the bottom of the tank. If this is the problem, the only option is to replace the water heater.
Expert Water Heater Leak Repair
When it comes to water heater leak repair in Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling has the experience and knowledge needed to get the job done right. We make sure our water heater experts are well versed in all the latest technologies and have access to state-of-the-art tools and diagnostic equipment. We also use only the highest quality parts in our repairs, so you can guarantee that the work we do will hold up after years of continual use.
No matter who did your initial installation or where you got the water heater, we can take care of all the repairs. Whether it’s a new tankless water heater you’re having trouble with or an older tank water heater, we will quickly assess the problem and make necessary repairs.
We can tackle any plumbing need that you may have! You name it, and we do it!
Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling pride itself in providing quality work 100% of the time. Our services cover everything from emergencies to inspections, installation to repairs. No plumbing is too large or too small for us. Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling are here to help you whenever you are in need of a plumber. Honest, efficient, knowledgeable, and punctual — these what set ourselves apart from any other plumber in the area.
Our Official Plumbing Partners: