What are the Causes of Sewer Line Repair & Replacement?
The replacement or repair of an entire sewer line or even just a section is seldom required when drain clearing efforts don’t work. These are the leading indicators that a repair or replacement work is needed:
- Cracked, broken or collapsed pipe caused by shifting, settling or frost soil, heavy machinery on the ground above the pipe and many other reasons.
- Line deterioration due to corrosion of an old pipe.
- Roots in the line which causes the sewer to clog.
- Grease buildup or a foreign object restricting the flow.
- Leaks induced by cracked or poorly fitting pipe connections
- Erosion is causing a portion of the sewer line to sink and break.
What are the Sewer Line Repair & Replacement Options?
Once we’ve decided – and you allow — that a sewer line must be fixed or replaced, we’ll present you the two optional methods:
Trenchless Sewer Line Repair Methods
A method that doesn’t require a huge hole to be excavated in your yard. Instead, it makes small access holes where the damaged pipe starts and ends, and then, pulling a new pipe through the current pipe which bursts the old pipe into pieces while simultaneously laying new pipe. Most people also prefer this method because they are often less expensive, much easier on your landscape, and can take less time.
Traditional Sewer Line Repair / Replacements
Traditional, on the other side, is typically performed using a backhoe to dig up the area surrounding the line to allow easy access to the problem area. Once the sewer repair is done, the backhoe will be used to refill the area again. This method may be the only option at times depending on the condition of your pipes, their configuration, or where you live.
When you hire us with sewer line inspection, repair or replacement, you can rest easy knowing that Einstein Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling specialized in both trenchless and traditional pipe repair and replacement. Call us at 888-671-7767 or email [email protected] for a professional recommendation on what option best suits your needs and budget.